“Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, and in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12 (NKJV)
MISSION STATEMENT: To create a community/family/body of passionate young Christians that are seeking to personally grow in the faith of Jesus Christ, that love and encourage each other to be leaders for Christ in the midst of a contemporary culture that is hostile to the gospel, that are passionate about the proselytizing of their faith, and are empowered to use their unique spiritual gifts for God’s glory.
MINISTRY PHILOSOPHY: The ministry philosophy of the Paseo Youth Ministry is one of self-sufficient growth. The Paseo Youth Ministry believes that the goal of youth ministry is to create strong youth Christians that can sustain spiritual growth and continue to grow themselves independently. Our goal is not simply to provide youth with nuggets of information, and familiar Bible studies, but instead to equip them with tools they can use to grow in the faith independently. We want to grow Christians that can grow themselves, and then help to grow other Christians.
Our ministry philosophy is driven by four factors that are essential to the mission and attainment of our mission. These four items are the foundation on which the Paseo Youth Ministry is built. They are:
1. High Expectations Teaching Curriculum (Hebrews 6:1)
- Theology Based Bible Studies (justification, soteriology, Bibliology, etc.)
- Practical Growth Based lessons (Hermeneutics, Spiritual Disciplines)
2. Mentor/Mentee Fellowship Events (Titus 2:3-8)
- Fellowship and teaching interactions with older saints in the faith (evangelism, fellowship, ministry, service, prayer, study)
3. Peer Fellowship Events (Hebrews 10:25)
- Fellowship events with peers from the youth group (evangelism, fellowship, ministry, service, prayer, study)
4. Empowering Youth to Use Their Spiritual Gifts (1 Cor 12)
- Focus on the personal uniqueness of individual gifts
- Focus on the necessity of individual gifts
- Focus on the value of individual gifts